Monday, November 7, 2011

The Next Five Days

One of our early morning walks to Power St.

Charlie's pain meds were now reduced to only twice per day. This was significantly easier for me (no more leaving work early). Right away I noticed the difference in him. Not only was he feeling better, the reduced meds made him less sleepy. Sleepiness was a lifesaver in keeping him in the crate! Now, he had more or less forgot he had an operation and was awake a lot more. He started crying in his crate if we were home. I would hear crying at 1:30 in the morning and have to go out and console him, and then ultimately close the bedroom door. He was definitely doing a lot better. Within this timeframe he was already feeling significantly better than before surgery.

He had come to like his crate, just not if we were home. It made me feel a lot better to be able to see him from work as I had set up a webcam. I did notice that he was a bit more restless on these reduced pain meds days.

Everything is looking up and I am thrilled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment